What Is Women's Ministries?
What WM Is . . .
· Women's Ministries is a place to address the spiritual, emotional, physical and social needs of women in the church.
· It encourages women to improve their potential for participation in the mission of the church.
· It is a support system for hurting women—whether they are suffering from divorce, abuse or simply loneliness.
· It is a forum to help address topics and issues as they affect the woman.
· It encourages young women through a scholarship program.
· It encourages women to become involved in all areas of ministry in their church, their community, and in their home.
· It mentors young women so that they may find joy in the Lord.
· Women's Ministries recognizes that women have many Gifts of the Spirit and it attempts to help women discover and use these gifts to the glory of God.
What WM Isn't . . .
· Women's Ministries is not new. In 1898 Mrs. S.M.I. Henry, with the encouragement of Ellen G. White, headed a church department for women's ministry. Her death soon after ended the work she began. It wasn't until 1990 that the Office of Women's Ministries was once again begun. It became a full church department in 1995.
· It is not a forum for women who have complaints, justified or not, against employers.
· It is not a place for women to promote equal right for women, although we admit it is an important issue.
· It is not a mere source of entertainment or the opportunity to spend endless hours on projects that merely promote selfish ideas.
· It is not a platform for the ordination of women, although we believe that everyone should use their talents to God's glory and should receive just recognition for work done for His honor.
· It is not male bashing. It is anti-sexist, not anti-male.
· Women's Ministries is not exclusive. Women's Ministries wants inclusion, not the exclusion of anyone.